Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Cost for 2 people-Travel Rome, Florence, Venice and then Paris, France.?

My husband and I are planning a trip to 3 cities in Italy- Rome, Florence, Venice and then Paris, France. We are considering a package from Costco Travels that is coming close to 7500 all inclusive for a 12 day trip-flights included. I recently came across a brochure from TrafalgarTours and they seem to have a variety of packages and offer 10% discount for costco members.
Please give me your opinions based on ur own experiences. And let me know how much should I keep aside for expenditure while in Eaurope – on meals, sight seeing etc.
discount travel packages italy.

mmciaffa:http://www.hotelfelice.com

conley39:Trafalgar Tours is one of the major players for organized tours here. If you see something you like, you can check the reviews on tripadvisor. However, you could arrange the whole thing on your own for less if you were inclined to. I always prefer to travel independently, but it is more work to book everything that way. When I go from Venice to Paris, I take the night train for 45 euro – a discounted fare that you have to book in advance since it sells out quickly. The normal fare is 127 euro for a berth in a 4 bed compartment.

Generally, I count on spending 25 to 50 euro when I go out for a meal here in Italy, but you can eat well for less than that. A pizza runs from 8 to 13 euro, for example.

Train travel between the cities can be worked out here: http://www.trenitalia.com/cms/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=ad1ce14114bc9110VgnVCM10000080a3e90aRCRD

I use this site for hotels here in Italy: http://www.venere.com/

artsoccerluvr925:If you do it yourself it should cost under $ 5K. Get a Eurorail pass for Italy/France for the time you’ll be there, stay in hostels and cheaper hotels, use comparison websites!

No comments:

Post a Comment